Ashley Riley Heinz
Ashley Riley-Heinz is Asset Manager for Worth & Associates. As such, she supports the management, structuring, and sourcing of debt financing for Worth’s acquisition and development projects, as well as the refinancing of its existing properties. Riley-Heinz’s primary responsibilities include supporting management in the following capacity:
- maximizing return for each of Worth’s properties, including analyzing their efficiency and identifying opportunities to improve performance;
- managing the analysis, development and approval of budgets, forecasts, and leases;
- developing periodic asset management reports for investors, consultants, and other Worth partners; providing financial reporting to financial institutions
- providing pre-acquisition input and assistance in the due diligence process, including reviewing financial and operational assumptions, and supporting the origination and negotiation of debt financing; and
- managing post-acquisition activities and the integration of assets into Worth’s ownership portfolio.
Immediately prior to joining Worth & Associates, Riley-Heinz was Director of Finance for Hixon Properties Inc., San Antonio.
From 2011 to 2020, Riley-Heinz was Director of Finance for AREA Real Estate, San Antonio, overseeing the firm’s finance, tax, and accounting functions and serving as the sole asset manager for its multi-family portfolio. Riley-Heinz managed, structured, and sourced all debt financing and partnership equity contributions for acquisition and development of AREA’s local real estate projects across multi-family, industrial, office, retail, and land asset types. She also performed financial modeling and analysis to optimize the structuring of numerous unique real estate agreements, including a public-private partnership ground lease, U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development financings, a federal and state Historic Preservation Tax Credit Program deal, federal Opportunity Zone Program structures, 1031 Exchanges, and tenancy-in-common investments. In the process, she worked closely with AREA’s various real estate partners and financial institutions, as well as the City of San Antonio, Bexar County, and the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development.
In March 2021, Riley-Heinz co-developed a community dog park at Maverick Park in downtown San Antonio. She raised funds for the project through a city bond, various philanthropies, and donations from community organizations and private property owners.
Riley-Heinz lives in San Antonio with her husband, Gary; son, Graham; and the family’s dog, Duke. She is an avid gardener and traveler.